Get the insurance savings and coverage you deserve.
Download these ten questions before you shop for your insurance.
The Top 10 Questions To Ask About Your Homeowners Insurance
- How much coverage did you quote on my house?
- Does and does this include detached structures (garage, workshop, etc.)?
- How much coverage is provided for my personal property (my stuff)?
- Are my contents insured for replacement cost or actual cash value (ACV)
- Is my house insured for replacement cost or actual cash value (ACV)
- Do I have sewer and water coverage?
- How much is my deductible in dollars?
- How about my wind deductible
- Do I have (or did you quote) a separate Wind/Hail policy?
- Do I have coverage for Additional Living Expenses?
- How much Ordinance and Law coverage do I have?
- Do I have (or did you quote) a Flood Policy?
- What is my flood zone?
- *Don't think you need Flood Insurance? Visit our Flood Insurance section.
You need enough insurance to cover the following:
- The structure of your home and any additional structures (detached garage, shop, shed, etc.)
- Your personal possessions (your stuff)
- The cost of additional living expenses if you have to live elsewhere during repairs
- Your liability to others
AND, to gather this information about your house:
- Year Built
- Square Footage
- When any upgrades were made if known. (New HVAC, roof, wiring, plumbing, etc.)
- Construction type (wood frame, wood frame with brick, concrete, concrete block, etc.)