1. Technical Assistance - Smart Home America is a resilience and beyond-code construction technical assistance provider. We are comprised of and have access to subject matter experts from many industries who assist with various projects. Many of our current projects are based on our technical assistance capabilities.
Some examples of technical assistance include:
- One-on-one training and mentorship of non and for-profit developers as they add FORTIFIED to their workflows
- Resilient construction curriculum development for private and public technical programs
- Expertise on state and federal recovery and mitigation funding opportunities, including technical assistance for resilient construction methodologies for HUD GRRP, CDBG-DR, CDBG-MIT, and FEMA BRIC
- Pre-development support for commercial and multifamily projects
- Support of state-level disaster recovery projects
- Advice on writing and implementing resilient policies and legislation
- Expert testimony in support of resilience legislation
2. Training Classes - Whether you need continuing education credit units or not, we offer courses about the benefits of beyond-code construction for insurance agents, adjusters, real estate licensees, contractors, architects, code officials, and community leaders. Schedule training or see available CEUs here.
3. FORTIFIED Consultations - If you want to make your next home, commercial, or multifamily structure FORTIFIED, we can help. We'll answer any questions, connect you with developers, material suppliers, contractors, and evaluators, and provide guidance during the planning phases.