AL 2009-SB 500 (SB 1) | FORTIFIED Insurance Discounts - Relates to homeowners insurance. The act provides an insurance premium discount or insurance rate reduction for homeowners in any county contiguous to the Gulf of Mexico and the Mobile Bay who build, rebuild, or retrofit an insurable property to better resist hurricanes or other catastrophic windstorm events.
- Code of Alabama - Section 27-31D-2
- 2016-07 | Introduction of new commercial and residential discounts. designation of three zones within the state. http://www.aldoi.gov/pdf/legal/2016-07%20-%20Modification%20to%20Ala.%20Bulletins%202013-07,%202010-03%20and2009-07.pdf
- 2015-05 | Expansion of FORTIFIED discounts state-wide (by 2018) and recognition of FORTIFIED Commercial (2016) http://www.aldoi.gov/pdf/legal/2015-05%20-%20Insurance%20Discount%20for%20Windstorm%20Damage%20Mitigation.pdf
- 2013-07 | Updates to regulatory incentives and discount floors for FORTIFIED in the State. Effective July 2014 http://www.aldoi.gov/pdf/legal/2013-07-ModBulletins2010-03and2009-07.pdf
- 2009-07 | First bulletin enacting discounts and incentives for FORTIFIED in the state. http://www.aldoi.gov/PDF/Legal/2009-09-18-AlaAct.pdf
MS 2012- HB 1410 - Legislates insurance discounts for building to FORTIFIED standards
An act to provide an insurance premium discount or insurance rate reduction for homeowners who build, rebuild or retrofit an insurable property to better resist hurricane or other catastrophic windstorm events.
AL 2011- SB 389 - Strengthen Alabama Homes Program established
Establishes the Strengthen Alabama Homes Program to aid homeowners in retrofitting insurable property to resist loss due to hurricane, tornado, or other catastrophic windstorm events.
AL 2011- SB 395 | Retrofit Tax Deduction
Deductions for certain retrofitting or upgrades to homes - Residence in Alabama Insurance Underwriting Association zone.
- Code of Alabama -Section 40-18-15.4
MS 2014- SB 2378 | Statewide Building Code
An Act To Adopt Certain Nationally Recognized Codes And Standards As The State Uniform Construction Code; To Amend Sections 17-2-7 And 17-2-9, Mississippi Code Of 1972, To Exempt Certain Structures From Requirements Under The State Uniform Construction Code; And For Related Purposes.
AL 2012- SB 227 | Alabama Catastrophe Saving Accounts
Catastrophe savings account, established, to cover insurance deductibles and other uninsured portions of risks of loss to owners of residential property owners from windstorm events, income tax deduction for deposits made to account
- Bill Text - https://legiscan.com/AL/bill/SB227/2012
- FAQs- https://revenue.alabama.gov/incometax/Catastrophe_Savings.pdf
AL 2015- HB 92 | Funding the Strengthen Alabama Homes grant program
Insurance Department, licensing, certain fees for licenses increased, appropriation to Insurance Department Fund for Strengthen Alabama Homes Fund for the fiscal year 2016
AL 2015- SB 220 | PIER Act
Energy efficiency projects, financing by local governments authorized, non ad valorem tax assessments, liens, bonds authorized, Property Insurance and Energy Reduction Act of Alabama (PIER Act)
AL 2015- SB 254 | Act 2015-313. Enacts statewide FORTIFIED discounts for residential and commercially designated structures. Statewide residential discounts to go into effect by 2018, commercial begins in 2016.
Insurance, allow owner of property, residential, and commercial, statewide to claim discount for structures retrofitted to resist storms
- Bill Text https://legiscan.com/AL/text/SB254/2015
OK 2017- HB1720 | Establishes the FORTIFIED Home High Wind & Hail standard as the state mitigation standard. Allows insurance companies to set actuarially sound rate discounts for homes that are certified to meet the FORTIFIED standard to qualify for the insurance discounts. Opens the door for other building standards to qualify for insurance discounts only if the meet or exceed the standards of the FORTIFIED Home High Wind & Hail standard. Insurers must file rates with the Oklahoma Department of Insurance (OKDOI) to justify their discount amounts. Allows the OKDOI to promulgate rules to support the discounts but does not allow the OKDOI to set benchmark discounts.
Property insurance; instructing insurance companies to provide certain discounts and rate reductions; submit certain rating plans; effective date.
- Bill Text - http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2017-18%20ENR/hB/HB1720%20ENR.PDF
State Uniform Building Code Commission (IRC 2015 Adopted November 2016) https://www.ok.gov/oubcc/Codes_&_Rules/Adopted_Building_Codes/index.html -
Appendix Y- Section 748:20-5-28, Residential Tornado Provisions (Page 54)
- Department of Insurance Bulletin- The Commissioner encourages property owners, insurers and contractors to evaluate the benefits of the Fortified Home program.