Home and Business owners are strengthening their properties against storm damage by using FORTIFIED construction standards.
If you are building new, roofing, or renovating an existing property, FORTIFIED is affordable and effective at protecting your home.
- There are FORTIFIED standards for coastal and inland construction. Each standard will reduce damage from the specific weather-related threats a building will face, including hurricanes, hail, high winds, and low-level tornadoes.
- The program starts by focusing on the roof, which is the most important and vulnerable part of every building.
- FORTIFIED goes beyond code, meaning it exceeds most building codes by improving the performance of buildings against natural disasters and reducing the risk of personal property losses.
- A unique systems-based approach requires documenting and verifying all aspects of construction to make sure homes and businesses are built to the standard.
- A FORTIFIED Evaluator is the only professional who can help you earn a FORTIFIED Designation and take advantage of all the programs benefits.
- FORTIFIED is based on over 20 years of research, real-world testing and observations by the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS)
- On the Coast, properties are strengthened against the devastating power of tropical storms, hurricanes, thunderstorms and straight-line winds.
- Inland, IBHS engineers believe property damage from EF-0, EF-1, and low-level EF-2 tornadoes can be virtually eliminated using FORTIFIED standards.
The FORTIFIED Commercial™ Program makes new and existing commercial buildings more resistant to damage from severe weather