IBHS created FORTIFIED Roof™ to help homeowners keep their roof on and keep water out during hurricanes, high winds, hail, and severe thunderstorms.
- Focus is on strengthening the roof, a home’s first line of defense against severe weather.
- Scope of work is now limited to work routinely performed by roofers.
- FORTIFIED Roof standards aren’t particularly extensive or costly compared to other existing methods.
- Workflow is now streamlined for Evaluators and roofers, making the process easier.
- New name is more meaningful to homeowners and roofing contractors.